Department of International Business
Tel：+886-2-29313416 Ext: 2222
The Department started as a 5-year College in 1984 and was formerly named Department of International Trade and renamed Department of International Business in 2005.
The Department has fostered a great number of outstanding alumni in the business field with comprehensive class planning.
With the development of trading business and with the rise of e-commerce, the international business environment has made an enormous change and to adapt to this change as well as to increase competency of its students, the Department has been undergoing necessary steps in modifying its course modules.
Many jobs in international business involve sales and marketing, at least at the entry level. To equip students with a strong business background and knowledge of international trading the courses designed by the Department include management, economics, marketing, international trade and E-Commerce.
A unique aspect of international business is the need to understand and adapt to business customs of others. In view of the importance of language in the foreign environment, the Department emphasize the importance of English learning and organize a series of English courses to develop students' language skills throughout their study in the Department.
An education in International Business is not complete without an experience outside the country. Students in the Department will have a chance to study abroad and earn credits in an international university. These experiences prepare them well for a career in International Business.
The learning objectives set for students are:
- Foster students with a strong business background and knowledge of international environment to succeed in the field of international business.
- Think and solve business problems
- Possess a sense of responsibility and teamwork.
- Establish career objectives.
- Be proficient in communication in business environments.
- Develop students with the capability of integrating themselves into the workplace, locally or internationally.
The features of the Department are to:
- Adjust educational goals to comply with the needs of employment market.
- Organize professional courses to teach students character and leadership skills.
- Offer practical courses strengthening students’ connections with business industry.
- Sign memoranda of cooperation with well-known companies for industry-university cooperative research projects and internships.
- Encourage students to obtain licenses and participate in extracurricular competitions and to participate in various student activities, such as extracurricular clubs, students associations, and overseas practice opportunities, etc.
In order to prepare students for the practical requirements of the industry, the Department offer a series of courses in practical operations, including e-commerce, internet marketing, international business in practice, application to international economic information, etc. Moreover, students are provided with extra-curriculum activities, such as visiting customs, sea/air transportation companies, and logistic companies, etc. to strengthen their connections with the industry related. In addition, the Department also make internships arrangements at related companies for students that they can apply knowledge and skills learned to working environments.
All of our teaching faculty have diverse experience in international and business affairs. Under the guidance of such faculty with international and diverse backgrounds, our students can not only get professional knowledge, but also expand their global visions.